The handwritten personal note is still the most powerful business tool to use for follow up. It conveys a positive emotion with your existing or prospective customer which helps to nurture your desired relationship with target account. And it is this kind of nurtured relationship that grows your small business.
While an email or a voicemail message may have a role during follow up, the old tradition of using a handwritten note, from time-to-time, provides a greater return for small businesses. To illustrate this value, shown below are seven benefits for small businesses when using handwritten notes as a means of follow up.
- Sets your small business apart in a crowded marketplace
- Shows your small business’ commitment to having a long term relationship with target account
- Indicates target account is important and worth the investment of time for your small business
- Resonates warm thoughts and feelings with contact person at target account which is a differentiator in today’s fast-paced digital world
- Helps to build customer relationships
- Takes about the same amount of time to draft a handwritten note as it does an email, but a personal handwritten note yields a higher return
- Low cost marketing tool for following up with existing and potential customers
Stay tune for the series on suggestions on what to say in a personal handwritten note when following up with target accounts.
Please share your comments or ask questions below.