Follow up is essential to your business. If your follow up is systematized it will be more effective. Every business will have a different model that will be effective with their client base. There are many variables that come into play regarding a good follow up system for your company. You will need to make adjustments by listening to the feedback you receive from your clients.
Possible Customer Follow Up System:
- Day 1 – Email them and welcome them on as a client.
- Day 1 – Send a welcome card to their home with a hand written message.
- Day 1 – Send them a welcoming tweet over Twitter.
- Day 1 – Post a photo with the new client on Facebook.
- 1 week – Give the new client a follow up phone call checking to insure they’re happy.
- 1 month – Send a card with a hand written message, “You’ve been with us for a month and we want to make sure you’re happy”
- 1 month– Send tweet on twitter similar to the 1 month card.
- 2 months – Another follow up phone call “checking in”.
You can tailor your follow up system to meet the needs of your clients. A point of emphasis should be to have continued contact with your clients. So you can stay in tune with them. Allowing you to give the client what they want, before they even know they want it. Your follow up should be systematized so that it runs like clockwork with your clients. They will appreciate your follow up and grow to expect it from you.